1.1 Rolan will only collect and use personal information in accordance with the terms of this Policy, and in compliance with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). To the extent that any aspect of our Policy is inconsistent with the legislation, the legislation shall prevail.
2. Collection of Personal Information
2.1 Rolan collects personal information in the following ways:
• When you access, browse or use the Rolan website;
• When you create an account with Rolan;
• When you order or purchase products or warranties;
• When you make requests for, or enquiries about, products or services;
• When you contact Rolan directly, by email or other means;
• When you subscribe to the Rolan mailing list or other subscription services;
• When you make use of Rolan’s promotions or special events;
• When you complete any reviews or surveys; and
• If you are employed by, or have applied for employment with, Rolan, information may be collected directly from you, or from third party referees.
2.2 The personal information that Rolan collects, includes the following:
• Names, addresses, contact numbers and email addresses;
• User names and passwords; and
• Information about your transactions, including the items you are purchasing, as well as your payment method and details.
2.3 When customers access the Rolan website, the following information will be recorded by the Rolan servers:
• The IP address of the computer being used;
• The type of browser;
• The pages within the Rolan website that the customer views, and the time spent on each page;
• The date and times that the Rolan website and pages were accessed;
• The information viewed and items selected, from the Rolan website; and
• The websites or pages that were viewed prior to accessing the International Tyre Website.
3. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information:
3.1 Rolan collects the personal information outlined in clause 1.2 above, for the following purposes:
• To personalise your experience and assist us in responding to your individual needs;
• To effectively respond to your customer service requests, process your transactions, and deliver the products you have purchased;
• To improve our website and offers based on the information we collect and the feedback we receive, as well as for the general maintenance of the website and its security features, and for statistical purposes; and
• To contact you regarding your transactions and to communicate offers and events to you.
3.2 Rolan may disclose your information to the following third parties for the following purposes:
• Providing your delivery details to transport and shipping companies so as to deliver the products you have ordered;
• Providing employees and service providers of Rolan, with your details, so as to assist with enquiries and transactions, including the installation of tyres by Rolan Installers;
• Disclosing details requested by third parties who are authorised by law to obtain your details, such as police and government departments; and
• Disclosing information to other organisations, the services of which; assist in the operation of Rolan.
3.3 The information collected by Rolan will not be sold, and will only be disclosed or shared in accordance with this Policy.
4. Security of Personal Information:
4.1 Rolan will take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely, and to ensure that it is not misused, accessed without authorisation, altered or disclosed.
4.2 If there has been a breach of your privacy or your personal information has been used or disclosed other than in accordance with this Policy, please contact Rolan through firstname.lastname@example.org
4.3 If you would like to update your personal information, you may do so by accessing your account with Rolan.
5. Opting Out:
5.1 You may elect to opt out of receiving communications from us at any time, by sending an email to email@example.com, or by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link on our newsletter.